Monday, February 9, 2009

Bed Rest Bordom


26 Weeks
111 Days to Talitha's Arrival!


Today is Day 5 of being on house arrest. J/K. But that's what modified bed rest feels like. I can take a shower and make myself something to eat but other than that I'm confined to the couch or bed. No chores, no unpacking, just reading and movies all day long. Today is the first day we've got Internet at our house so this is kind of exciting, something new to do for a change. Last Wednesday we had quite the scare. I had a very stressful couple of days on Monday and Tuesday. I couldn't eat much even though I really tried for Talitha. I thought I was drinking enough water, but apparently I wasn't because when I went to see our midwife I was dehydrated. On Wednesday at work I started spotting and light cramping. We went in to see our midwife and she did some extensive testing. She hooked us up to a baby heart & contractions monitor for 20 min. Then we had an ultra sound, pelvic exam, and urine test.
All tests showed Talitha is healthy and moving more than ever. B -) That made us very happy and relieved. I was assigned to moderate bed rest for a week and if everything is perfect and feeling good I can go back to work on Wednesday. I did start having some Braxton Hix contractions. I had one long one that night and I've had 3 more sense. I called in and again my midwife assured me these are normal and ok as long as they are not several in a row with more than 4-6 an hour. It' kind of strange to be feeling contractions this early, I didn't expect them until month 8 or 9. But we can rest knowing that everything right now is going just fine.


3 comments:

Durbin Express said...

Hope you are better after your bed rest. That is a scare. Take care...hope to see you guys soon!!
Love
Sheree

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had such a scare! Please take care and remember- your body is working extra hard even when you are sitting still!

Judy said...

Every pregnancy is different. Your part is simply to cooperate with your baby and your body and trust that Nature knows the ropes! I think of you often, and wish you well.