Thursday, April 30, 2009

2 & 1/2 Weeks = FOREVER!!!!


Only 2 1/2 weeks to go, but it feels like a life time. I am at the very end, which is what they say is the hardest to get through, and boy are they right. Between the sleepless nights, waking up at 3 am with contractions that are infrequent and go away after a few hours, serious knee pain every time I sit or stand from a sitting position, and the cramped no room in my tummy for any of my vital organs feeling is getting a little tiring.

I went to the dr. yesterday and I told the dr. I was concerned that I've got sausages for toes, feet, and hands now from all the swelling and I'm having signs of early labor. I was hoping for some kind of progress report even if it was only that I was effaced part way or maybe dilated just a little.... but no, even with all the contractions I've been having there has been no progress. Instead I found out that in the past week I have lost a half of pound but my belly has grown 4 inches!!! The belly / baby is only suppose to grow an inch a week. So my dr. scheduled me an ultrasound on Monday morning to find out what's going on in there. She thinks that suddenly there could be to much aminoic fluid and that is what made me grow and is keeping the baby from dropping into the pelvis, or we could just have a big baby. Uh.... I don't know which one of thoes I'd rather hope for it to be. But I am looking forward to seeing my little on on the big screen again just to get one more look before she arrives here any day.


pregnant

5 comments:

Judy said...

You want the big baby choice, not the too much amniotic fluid!

mandy said...

The extra fluid was no fun, but it is probably a totally different story this late in your pregnancy. Let us know how your ultrasound goes. She will be here soon!

Can Our Family? said...

Doesn't it feel like I just told you that I was pregnant too and now I'm 4 months along. It will fly by! Soon you won't be sleeping because of a crying baby and there might be a time or two when you wish she was back in your belly. :) (I wished that a time or two when Tristan was a newborn). Only 16 days to go! That's awesome! You can do it! Go Jennifer!

Amy said...

16 days! That's nothing. It'll fly by before we know it. Sleep now while you can (well sort of).

tulip's family said...

you are definitely in the home stretch! tulip can't wait to meet her new little friend!!