Saturday, November 5, 2011

Back In The Kitchen Again!

I was inspired the last time I went to visit my friend Tiffany and her two adorable boys. She made us all a pancake breakfast and it was delicious. I can't remember what kind of pancakes exactly but they were healthy and I remember she added ground flax to the batter. Lately while feeling so ill all I have been craving is take out. It's been really difficult for me to do much cooking at all. This pregnancy is so different than the first with Talitha. With Talitha I was eating very healthy. Lots of vegetables and fruits, fish and healthy proteins. This time all I've been able stomach is breads, bananas, home made bean burritos, and take out, take out, take out.

Now that I'm just starting to feel better and get my energy back. I'm no longer camped out on our couch and I really want to get back to cooking all our food myself. So today drawing from the inspiration I felt that day at Tiffany's house I made pancakes for me and Talitha (and #2). I have made whole wheat oatmeal pancakes before but this time I also added flax and I added some molasses to the batter with some cinnamon. I was a little worried at first but they turned out FANTASTIC! With the added protein in the oatmeal and the iron and minerals in the molasses and the omegas in the flax these are power packed SUPER FLAP JACKS!! One of Noe's favorites is pancakes so I made extra for him to have when he gets home from work today. I think he will gobble them up just like me and Talitha did.

I am very excited to be back in the kitchen again!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds delicious! So glad you're feeling better!