Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dr. Visit Update

My hands are too puffy to type this all over again so I'm just going to copy it out of an email I wrote. Here is the update for the dr. visit we went to yesterday:

The dr. visit went great yesterday and everything seems to be just fine. Talitha is measuring 7.5 lbs (give or take a pound for accuracy) and we are in the normal range for the amniotic fluid. I think maybe the reason I measured big that day was because a different midwife measured me and maybe her measurements were a little off. I got to see Talitha practice breathing in the womb, and that was pretty amazing to see. The ultrasound tech said that means her lungs are fully formed and she is ready for birth and will be just fine breathing on her own outside now. The lungs are the last major organ to form in the womb and once that happens the baby could be born at anytime and be completely healthy and survive with out any assistance or intervention to help her along. The dr. was a little worried about my recent swelling and an increase in blood pressure though. We did a test for
preeclampsia and found that it was negative. I was praying that test turn out negative so I was very relieved when it did. I do have a lot of swelling and am now stuck with flip flops for the remainder of the pregnancy. I tried buying shoes yesterday and either they weren't comfortable or just too expensive to buy only to wear a couple weeks. I don't think my feet have grown any at all they are just really really puffy.

See Photo Of Puffer In Next Post ... That's about how I'm looking these days.

No comments: