Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our Little Glow Worm

I'm sorry I haven't had much time to get on the computer. I was up for a late night feeding at 1:00 am and had to eat a little myself so I am taking advantage of the time to reply to some long over due emails.

We have been so busy with dr. apts and nurses visits it's hard to do anything else other than care for Talitha right now. She has moderate level of jaundice and her billireuben count has been high so she is now on lights here at home. She has to be on the light bed nearly 24 hours a day except for feedings. She has been on for a little over 24 hours and I tell you the first 8 were so hard. I felt like the worst mommy in the world strapping my baby to a light box. I cried and cried. Noe was able to figure out how best to get her on slowly so she will be comfortable and not cry. We find it best too if I put her on directly after nursing when she is a little milk drunk and drouzy. Here is a couple photos of her taken day 2 and day 3.




3 comments:

mandy said...

I think I like that better then the light from above! This way she doesn't need those aweful 'sunglasses'. she is precious!

Astorga's said...

I agree and we can keep her at home. good news is she should be off them by tomorrow.

tulip's family said...

awwww... she's wearing her tulip onesie! cute...